Beyond Care is seeking experienced Service Coordinator to manage our SIL program sites in western and south western Sydney region to join the dynamic team to monitor the day-to-day delivery of supports in Supported Independent Living program (Group homes)
Purpose of the Position
The Service Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of Supported Independent Living program (Group homes) to support participants. To assist participants to meet their goals and aspirations by focusing on the person’s strengths, choices and desires. Successful applicant will be responsible to manage one/two site/s.
The role is responsible for supervising and leading a team of Support Workers to achieve their best performance in their work while meeting the goals and outcomes for the people we support. You will have previous experience working in a coordinator / team leaders’ role for a minimum of 1 year with appropriate tertiary qualifications or willingness to learn with strong leadership qualities with appropriate qualifications.
• Demonstrate understanding of the needs of people with disabilities, their carers and families.
• Minimum Cert IV in disabilities or similar qualification and demonstrated experience in management including working to deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Oversee that each Participant’s personal information, plans and records are developed, reviewed and implemented in a timely manner.
• Preparation of support workers rosters in accordance to the SCHADS Award and client needs.
• Monitor and manage budgets to meet service provision
• Understanding relevant Services Acts; Service Standards and legislative requirements.
• Daily running of Group home.
• First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain prior to commencement of appointment.
• Current Valid Driver’s Licence.
• Comprehensively Insured Vehicle.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Good Written and Verbal Communication.
• High level of computer literacy with competency in use of cloud-based CRM, rostering systems and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook
• Ability and willingness to work Monday- Friday.
• Prepare to participate in on call roster within Service Coordinators team after hours and over the weekends/public Holidays.
• Second language
• Medical/Nursing background
• Beyond Care can offer the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our Participants, flexible hours and locations, and career progression.
All applicants will need to have a valid Working with Children’s Check and NDIS workers screening check
You must be connected to the Beyond Care VPN to access the intranet.